High Weald Farmer Event Programme 2022
We are running an exciting programme of events for farmers and land managers in the High Weald AONB, providing inspiration and guidance for projects that could be funded by the Farming in Protected Landscapes grant programme.
To get started, click the links below to learn more and reserve your space. Please note, to be eligible to attend these events you must own or manage land within the High Weald AONB.
If you have any questions about any of the events, please contact High Weald Events Coordinator Deborah Barker on 07543286709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regenerative Grazing at Springham Farm with Christine Meadows
Thursday 18 October, 10.30AM – 12.30PM
Join Christine Meadows for an informal walk and talk around Springham Farm to see how a regenerative grazing system works on the ground
You can follow us on Eventbrite to receive notifications when booking opens for new events
Interpretation and Signposting for Farmers and Community Groups (Ashburnham Place, Battle)
Join Susan Cross from TellTale to learn about tools and techniques for engaging people with your local wildlife and heritage. This workshop will help you share local stories and highlight important places and features in ways that will interest visitors and the local community, covering everything from identifying your audience and key messages to creating signage and leaflets.
Resource Efficiency on Arable Farms with farmer George Young
With the cost of inputs soaring, George will share his experience of transitioning towards using less inputs on his arable crops while maintaining profit margins.
Mob Grazing Sheep and Cattle with farmers Jen Hunter and Andy Wear
In this online webinar, Jen and Andy will use their 10 years of experience in mob grazing to discuss the benefits and challenges of mob grazing with sheep and cattle. They are dedicated to environmentally sustainable practices and their farm has been Certified Regenerative by A Greener World.
Understanding and Monitoring your Soil with Soilmentor
A half-day on farm workshop to help you understand the regenerative indicators of healthy soil on your farm, and how to measure them using the Soilmentor app.
- Enterprise Stacking with farmer Gala Bailey Barker and Farm Business Manager Rebecca Heys
- Enterprise Stacking: Cattle and Hens with Dairy Farmer Dan Burdett
- Healthy Horse Healthy Land with Equiculture and the Horse Nutritionist
- Mob Grazing Sheep and Adding Value to Your Wool Clip – Jen Hunter
- Regenerative Grazing at Springham Farm with Christine Meadows
- Regenerative Agriculture & Rewilding in the High Weald
- Understanding and monitoring your Soil with Soilmentor – Annie Landless
- Faecal Egg Counting to Reduce Anthelmintic Use in Sheep – Uckfield Vets