Sussex Lund grants programme now open for applications
Do you own or manage land in the Kent or Sussex High Weald? Would you like to improve your corner of this nationally-important landscape for wildlife or scenic beauty? Do you have an idea that might enable others to access and enjoy this spectacular landscape? If so, there may be funding – if needed – through the Sussex Lund grant programme.
The Sussex Lund programme supports small-scale, practical projects that improve the landscape and ecology of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and the towns, hamlets, villages and towns on its fringes. It also supports projects that help people to experience and celebrate the landscape, and build connections to it.
Previous successful applications include:
- Planting community orchards
- Restoring ponds and wetland areas
- Hedge-laying to restore historic boundary lines
- Managing precious wildflower precious grassland; and
- Running a community festival to celebrate the High Weald’s Dark Skies.
This year we are keen to support projects that improve nature and involve people in community green spaces such as churchyards, school grounds, allotments, and recreation areas; particularly in urban areas on the fringes of the High Weald.
Sussex Lund is supported by Lund Trust and administered by the High Weald AONB Partnership. The programme has awarded over £1million to more than 200 conservation projects in and around the AONB since 2017.
How it works:
All the information you need can be found on our Sussex Lund page, or follow the steps below:
- The first step is downloading the grant criteria and guidance
- Next, register your interest using our short online form. Whether you already have a project in the works and need an application form or you’re a newcomer in search of more information, submitting an enquiry will help us give you the support you need.
- New to Sussex Lund? Join our webinar:
Intro to Sussex Lund – online via Zoom, Tuesday 13 June, 5PM
Join Gerry Sherwin, Business Manager with the High Weald AONB team, for an informal webinar to learn more about the Sussex Lund application process, assessment criteria and the type of projects that could be funded.
Book your place >>
The application window closes on 3 October 2023, but we recommend you get in touch as soon as possible so we have plenty of time to help you develop your project.
Learn more about Lund Trust.