Remember when you were a child? Leaving home in the morning and spending all day in the local woods or fields. Getting home tired and dirty having spent all day building dens, playing in the trees and streams or just lying on your back making cloud pictures.
Modern children have fewer opportunities to have these experiences for a variety of reasons. However their value to children's physical, emotional and mental well-being is huge.
It is therefore fantastic to see a number of new summer holiday clubs across the High Weald which will give children an opportunity to safely explore its outdoors and have memorable experiences.
Clubs are spread across the High Weald and below is a selection:
- Forest School - Bedgebury Pinetum, near Goudhurst
- Fun on the Farm - Bore Place, near Hever
- Ashdown Forest Play Scheme - Forest Centre, Wych Cross
- Bushcraft - Wilderness Wood, near Heathfield
- Wild Woodland Holiday Club - Swallowtail Hill Farm, Beckley, near Rye
- Young Rangers - Little Gate Care Farm, Beckley, near Rye
- Bushcraft - Buchan Country Park, near Crawley
High Weald Welly Walks - short, self-guided walks from the area's primary schools suitable for families without pushchairs