We are continually trying to learn more about the High Weald, by researching and studying the key features of the landscape.
Our current thinking is around three subject areas:
1. Climate change
How it will affect the landscape, and how the landscape can work and help us respond to climate change.
2. Understanding and defining historic routeways, tracks and paths.
3. Perceptions of landscape
How we have seen and reacted to the land in the past and how this helps how we view it today.
- Dallington Forest Ancient and Veteran Tree Survey
- High Weald Colour Study
- Field systems in the High Weald
- Wind energy assessment
- Housing needs of rural workers
- The dispersed settlement pattern
- How can rural settlements be more sustainable?
- Socio-economic characteristics of farms
- Single Storey 20th century dwellings
- Historic farmstead character